Breakfastatsaks@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2009

Day and Night


Dress: H&M
Sandals: Target
Sunglasses: Burberry
Leggings: Danskin
Boots: Forever 21
Necklaces: Vintage and Forever 21

Inspired by this weeks weardrobe contest, when I woke up this morning I sought to put together an outfit that could transition from the daytime, playing with my 7 month old niece, to the nighttime, out with the BF. I picked this oversized shirt from H&M to wear as a dress (I got it in a size 12 so I could do just that!) and some comfy flat sandals for the day - comfort is key when crawling around on the floor with a baby. Threw on a neckfull of chain necklaces, shiny leggings, and my knockoff Wang fringe boots and I had an acceptable nighttime look!

On a completely different note, a week or so ago I got interviewed for the thisnext blog. They asked some great, totally unique questions (I had to write a haiku about myself, that sure brought back memories from middle school!), so if you want to check that out it's posted here.

***The eryn briniƩ giveaway ends this Sunday! Be sure to enter to win a necklace, clutch, and scarf from eryn briniƩ before Sunday night!***

11 comments :

Rosanna said...

love the sweater!!!


www.littlemissdressup.com

Elizabeth Victoria Clark said...

loveeee the sweaterdress. pieces that can change from day to night are the best xx

Carolyn said...

That is so cool!!! I'm such a sucker for stripes! I am still thinking of an outfit for the contest, myself!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Love the night look! Very creative!

Unknown said...

Great look love the day part the most!
XOXOX
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

Laura @ effluvia said...

Love the transition :) both looks are great!

clarencehu said...

Hi Ashley,

Sorry, but I probably should have just left a comment instead of emailing you. Sorry about that.

Clever title for a blog, btw. I am hoping to get your feedback.

My colleagues and I built a new search engine (www.panabee.com?p_id=4) we think could help female shoppers.

You can search Saks, Nordstorm, Neiman, Bloomingdale, Barneys, Shoes.com, and other sites -- side-by-side and all from the same window.

For instance, this page compares Neiman and Nordstrom for Herve Leger:

http://www.panabee.com/share?q=herve&src1_id=18PK7xD&src2_id=1mzoDoq&p_id=4

1) Would this help you with shopping?

2) Are there other sites you would like added?

Thanks so much for your help!

- Clarence

KP said...

adorable-love the versatility-and I'm sure it was a great deal!

39th and Broadway said...

You look adorable and so comfy! Love the interview too, congrats!

freeteyme said...

i love the outfit transition from day to night!

ps: gave you an award =)

Anonymous said...

Great post. Leggings like that can totally change the look of an outfit.