Breakfastatsaks@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2009

NY, I Love You: Alexander Wang F/W 09.10


You better believe there will be a giant crop of DIY leggings in this style across the blog-o-sphere in the coming weeks (if there isn't already!). Of course, I will be trying this on an old ratty pair of leggings I was about to throw out, why not have a little piece of Alexander Wang-inspired style in my wardrobe? I like this look way better than shredded up, hole-y tights.

Anyways, the Alexander Wang F/W 09.10 collection was not well-received on The Fashion Spot, although it seems to me to be what you would expect from Wang, a little less grungy than previous seasons (is that a bad thing?), and an overall solid, well-envisioned and coherent collection. I feel as though I'm in a very small minority when I say that I did not hate the biker shorts/knee-length leggings, especially in crocodile. It worked for me. I posted a few of my favorite looks below (click to enlarge). LOVE the leather jacket with the fox-fur fringe in the last pic... crazy and amazing. You can check out the whole collection here, and watch a video of the runway show below!




Pics from Style, Video from Nylon

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Honestly, that is kind of a cool look. Think of it as recycling clothing and going "greener" LOL.

Ashley said...

Great way to think about it!