Breakfastatsaks@gmail.com

May 12, 2009

Deconstruct and Reconstruct: Patricia Ayres's ArtLab


I mentioned ArtLab in a post on Etsy designers back in April, but I definitely think this line deserves a post all of its own. Patricia Ayres of ArtLab is a NYC-based artist involved in photography, sculpting, and installations in addition to designing beautiful deconstructed/reconstructed clothes. Patricia studied Fashion Design at the Fashion Institute of Technology and Parson's School of Design and got her BFA at Brooklyn College. She lists dreams, memories, the urban landscape, and film as just a few of the sources of inspiration for her designs.

Many of Patricia's pieces are one-of-a-kind, featuring unique cuts and prints. The pieces play with proportions and shapes, challenging what a basic tee, tank, or dress should be. Draping, cutouts, and ruffles abound in this collection, and you're guaranteed to find at least one piece you'll be drooling over at the ArtLab Etsy store. Check out just a few of my favorites below!

Disjointed Series No. 8 Tee

Leather Leg Covers

Andromache's Deconstruction Blanc

Deconstruct Reconstruct The Silent Treatment Tee

29 comments :

Dream Sequins said...

Yes! I saw these on Etsy and loved them... They're a bit on the pricey side, but I guess they're almost one of a kind pieces, huh? Sigh. All the stuff I want is so pricey these days...

Unknown said...

Love the pics xoxox
www.fashionchampagne.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

love the first and third one! im going to go to their site right now!

http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I will have to check there sight out!!
XOXOXO
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

Charmaine Li said...

wow these pieces look so one-of-a-kind!

Shen-Shen said...

That white dress is crazy, I love it!

Shen-Shen said...

That white dress is crazy, I love it!

Shen-Shen said...

That white dress is crazy, I love it!

InnyVinny said...

I love the concept and look of all of these pieces. Thanks for the info!

justbecausefashion said...

those pieces are cool, i love them! nice selection of pics...
XXX
G&L

Tatiana Nguyen said...

ohhhh these pieces are to die for!

Freya said...

wow, these are really unique!

Barcelonette (c) said...

i really really love No. 8 Tee!!!i didn't know her yet. I've been considering also Parsons to study fashion communication :)
love the firts pic as well.
good post.

BARCELONETTE

Anonymous said...

Dig these. That dress is amazing!

xo, Becs
http://www.stylewithbenefits.wordpress.com

Couture Carrie said...

You KNOW I love deconstruction... all of these are fab!!

xoxox,
CC

Victoria Jin said...

wow, some of these reconstructions are definitely interesting!

Anonymous said...

Love these deconstructed pieces! They are a bit pricey, but you'd probably pay a lot more for designer deconstructed pieces. Thank you for highlighting this wonderful shop!

che barcelona said...

nice blog!

x

Emilia said...

i love your blog, you always inspire me! :D

Frankie said...

Wow, these are bold. I am smitten x

La Chauve-Souris said...

thanks for your comm babe!!! waow this post is awsome!! love the idea of deconstruc reconstruct

xx
bonne nuit
la chauve-souris

freeteyme said...

I wish I can pull them off!

Marian said...

I am loving all these t-shirts. how amazing are they!?
thanks for sharing!
muah x
marian.

Christina said...

nice and ripped....

Anonymous said...

omg I so need he Silent Treatment Tee :DDD

Lori said...

wow these are amazing! I wish I had this talent

Jillian Hobbs said...

amazing tees!

Aline said...

such amazing things in the shop!

shoptoomuch said...

great find!