Breakfastatsaks@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2009

Must Have Shoes: Omelle

These beauties above are just a small sampling of the shoes that Omelle's designers, Cherise Angelle and Nicole LaFave, have created for their Spring/Summer 2009 collection. Cherise and Nicole met at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in LA and bonded over their common love of beautiful shoes, and since then the duos designs have appeared in Vogue, Lucky Magazine, and the Los Angeles Times. Here's more about the ladies from their site:

It started with a spark, something akin to the perfect pair of boots. Amidst illustrations, scrap fabrics and inspiration boards at LA's prestigious Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, two shoe-obsessed designers discovered a common interest—luxury footwear with a distinct and imaginative voice. Combining a singular vision with years of experience, Cherise Angelle and Nicole LaFave have created a partnership dedicated to serving the sophisticated shopper, a lady who not only speaks in style but continually lives in it.

With a background rich in style, business and design—Angelle has worked in luxury product placement, while LaFave has honed her talents in graphic and knitwear design, working as an art director and self-employed designer—each woman offers a unique and varied background which helps to guide their direction. While Angelle appeals to the high-end sophisticate with a penchant for pumps and pearls, LaFave draws from her artistic roots, setting a new pace in fashion. When mixed and melded, the outcome is Omelle, or (ähm' elle), a new voice and vision within the luxury footwear industry. (Omelle.com)

Check out those white booties in the first picture - I found them so unique and beautiful that I printed out a picture of them and hung it on my wall. I use the picture as a reminder to save my money so that one day I can afford such lovely shoes! Also, be sure to check out the heels on all of the Omelle shoes, they are so artistically made. Too many shoe designers forget that the design is not only in the shoe, but also the heel! Omelle's official online store should be launching sometime in February or March, and if you're lucky you might find a boutique near you that currently sells Omelle shoes.

17 comments :

Anonymous said...

wow. great find, those heels are bananas!

Christina said...

I love the brown sandal/knee high boot ones. They would look freat with black tights under, poking through.

*swoon* such pretty shoes!

Christina
xxx

http://asensesublime.blogspot.com/

Val said...

Oh my goodness, each and every one of these are so beautiful. Those first white booties are to die for.

Haha, sadly i have a feeling my note isn't funny enough to make it on the site. But thanks for introducing me to it, it's hilarious :)

? said...

I love the 2nd pair of heels with the black bow! However, I would love any of their shoes.

JimenaMal said...

woo-hoo!!
i love high heels.. i dont use to wear it very often cause u get tired easily!! what a shame ...

xxxx
www.tasting-bittersweet.blogspot.com

JimenaMal said...

woo-hoo!!
i love high heels.. i don wear it very often, cause i get tired easily!! what a shame..

Ashley said...

@Val: I'm glad you liked Passive Aggressive Notes! Me and my bf are obsessed with that site.

Designer Shoes Lover said...

This collection is absolutely
breath taking! That first white pair
is worth hanging on the wall!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic discovery, m'dear!

Those white booties are so epic. I think I may have to wipe drool off my face...

Anonymous said...

I love the shape of these shoes! I would die to have any of these shoes!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I am LOVIN all of these shoes! So glad they're starting to get more creative with the designs. Great info and write up!

misslikey said...

I am fan of second ones..with satin bow..uhhh meee likey

Unknown said...

very funky shoes - all of 'em! but first one in the third row caught my eye ;)

Lisa said...

I really like the second pair in the top row!

Fashion Luvr said...

Yes, I saw those shoes a couple weeks ago and totally love them.
I haven't seen any other new shoe designs from a new designer that have intrigued me like those.

Term Papers said...

I like all of them,It’s great to see good information being shared.


College Term papers

Vans Trainers said...

beautiful collection.amazing