Breakfastatsaks@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2011

Irene

WISH blouse; Current/Elliott jeans; Marc Jacobs rainboots; Vintage necklace; Burberry sunglasses

Hey East Coast-ers, how are you guys doing after Hurricane Irene? Manhattan managed to get by with very little damage, but I know other places got it much worse than us. I hope you're all ok!

I took these pictures on Sunday afternoon when we were still getting giant gusts of wind from the hurricane. It was pretty intense down on the Hudson River, the waves were bigger than I've ever seen them! There was also a few tree branches that had fallen down, but all-in-all the Upper West Side escaped pretty much unscathed. The question now is, what am I going to do with all of these flashlights and gallons of water I've stockpiled?

I also want to draw your attention to the shirt I'm wearing - it's the Sevier Blouse from WISH's summer collection titled
"Smokey Shadows". WISH is an Australian brand that has been around for 10 years, but only recently came to the US. If you're like me and you love beautifully designed bohemian pieces, be sure to check out the WISH website!

23 comments :

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

pretty necklace! the pop of blue is perfect!

Ally said...

YAYYY!!! I love Wish!! Being an Aussie shopper I have quite a few samples in my wardrobe. With Aussie Youth fashion going the way it has lately I starve to find something i adore but Wish always pulls through!

xo www.veritableally.net

bravegrrl said...

love that blouse, looks like it goes with everything :)

Mihaela said...

i adore your necklace.

if you're not already following me you could if you want to and i'll follow you back.

my blog♥mfashionfreak

Closet Fashionista said...

LOVE your outfit!! And yes, Irene was crazy!! The wind was so insane
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Ria said...

You look cute, love your Marc Jacob boots. Glad the hurricane was good to you guys.

Juls said...

cute outfit! we got some intense wind too north of boston. glad there was little damage :)

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

hope all remain safe and sound. wonderful top. so breezy, will check out the brand.

http://sojournedinstyle.blogspot.com/

The Key To Chic said...

You look so chic! Glad you're doing well after the crazy weather! It's always good to be prepared with lots of supplies.

Gosia said...

Love the top, and your necklace is fantastic!

Diana said...

this top is so gorgeous! great blog :) following

visit/follow me too xo

http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

F.M. said...

THOSE sunnies! :)

Diego R. Wyatt said...

Gorgouse top and I love the necklace. Irene was indeed a scare, but I made it out without a drip or leak.

Have a great weekend!

Diego
www.howtozipyourfly.com

Sheena said...

That blouse is truly gorgeous! I will have to check out some of their other items!

Caterina Salvietti said...

Hi!
So cute your blog!
if you like enjoy my Estée Lauder giveaway:
http://breakfastatkaty.blogspot.com/2011/09/estee-lauder-giveaway.html

xoxo Katy

Andreia said...

Amazing top and nice necklace!!


makingfashionnotwar.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

SOO cute! I love your necklace!

Grace said...

Love your blouse!

Love Grace.

Neekoh said...

I can't even imagine what it's like, anticipating a storm like that. Glad you guys got away with little damage...

XXo,
Neekoh

The Pocket Stylist said...

Love that top!! It looks fantastic.

Cindy C. said...

That's a beautiful top!! and that pendant necklace is gorgeous!! (=

http://styleologie.blogspot.com/

JINNA YANG said...

YOU LOOK ADORABLE! XO - FOUND U ON WISH'S FB PAGE - i loveee their dresses!

best,
Jinna

www.greaseandglamour.com

Shelly said...

You have a pretty cool blog!

Baci,

S.